Tuesday, November 11, 2008

blogging finally

After what seemed like an eternity i have finally returned with a renewed interest to start my own blog. Why did it take so much for me to decide or to commit on having as simple thing as a blog, I cannot comprehend. Is it plain laziness or just lack of interest? I know it is not both these things. Neither is it my clumsiness with technology that let me put off having a blog. The seemingly easy technology that lets you create a blog in a matter of seconds obviously did not convince me to have my own.

As much as I would like to deny it, the truth is I am plain scared. Scared of opening my heart out, of letting my thoughts flow like a clear for-all-to see stream. I am scared of letting go of inhibitions, of shouting out aloud the not so beautiful or agreeable thoughts that i may be harboring in a facade of ignorance or innocence. Only if I were ignorant or innocent. Only if I were devoid of thoughts that struggle to break free of the walls they have been shut in and seek expression in words. But the truth is I am full of things to say, things to say to myself if not to others, things to say to those few who care enough to listen no matter how meaningless they are.

As I start this blog, I can't help wondering how some people rush to give in your lives, the things you are so complacent or scared to give to yourself. If somehow i keep on blogging for years to come, I am sure I will remember that person who made it happen in the first place.

3 comments:

learner said...

Hey! Your first post's great and we can't wait to read your next entry. Every time you talk we can't help but listen and now that you are writing you will surely have a fan following. Have a ball with your blog...

rubeena said...

if you could not figure out, it was you I was thanking, for pushing me to do something I doubt I would have done without some coaxing.

S said...

Hey Rubeena,

This is good! Would love to read more of your writings!